At the Diabetes Resource Center, we help patients better understand, cope with and manage their disease while maintaining a welcoming, supportive environment.
We arrange one-on-one appointments with our diabetes educators and dietitians, whose approach to patient support includes:
- Personal assessments
- Help setting individual goals
- Help developing strategies for dealing with diabetes one day at a time
- Help to make a personal schedule for self-monitoring of blood glucose
- Medications education
- Review of strategies for recognizing, treating and minimizing hypoglycemia (low blood sugar) and hyperglycemia (high blood sugar)
- Nutritional counseling and strategies for reaching dietary goals
Group classes providing a comprehensive overview of diabetes
diabetes type 2 depression lipid (👍 uncontrolled icd 10) | diabetes type 2 depression urinehow to diabetes type 2 depression for Our diabetes support groups and classes offer the opportunity to share your personal experiences and learn from others with diabetes. Our curriculum covers management of Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes.
Diabetes technology education
Our approach to intensive diabetes management education includes helping patients understand:
- Continuous glucose monitoring systems
- How to use insulin pens
- Insulin pump therapy
- Information on new medications for glycemic control
diabetes type 2 depression need insulin (👍 hacks) | diabetes type 2 depression videohow to diabetes type 2 depression for Diabetes Resource Center at Sinai Team
Our team the 1 last update 03 Jun 2020 consists of:Our team consists of:
- Nurse educators certified in diabetes education and advanced diabetes management
- A licensed registered dietitian
- Your doctors
- Most importantly, YOU!
Successful management of your diabetes starts with you. Make a commitment today to join and finish our program. It is covered by many insurance plans; before your first appointment, our staff can find out if our program is covered by your insurance provider.
The resource center is open 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m., Monday-Friday and is located in the Hoffberger Building on the Sinai Hospital campus.
Call us at 410-601-5458 to find out more information or schedule an appointment.